Requesting invitation letters to obtain visa
Some ETAPS attendees might need to request a visa in order to enter Hungary. The ETAPS organizers are willing to support this official procedure by issuing inviation letters for ETAPS participants.
(You can inquire about the regulations at the official site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Hungary http://www.kulugyminiszterium.hu/kum/en/bal/ .
Please contact your country's Hungarian Embassy Consular Section to determine visa processing timeframes.)
If you need a visa, please send an email to the ETAPS Organizers (etaps08-organizers [AT] mit.bme.hu ) with the subject line "visa letter request".
This letter should contain at least the following details for each participant:
Visa letters will only be issued to:
- Passport No:
Visa letters will state only the following facts:
- All Speakers/Presenters
- Scientific Committee Members (SC, PC, chairs, etc.) and other Distinguished Researchers recommended by the ETAPS SC
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full.
- Personal details of the participant (that you specified in your email request)
- Conference title, dates and location.
- The requester has paid the required registration fee in full.