Programme of Social Events at ETAPS 2008
March 29 - April 6, 2008, Budapest, Hungary
Social Programme of Saturday, March 29
IFIP Dinner (by invitation)
IFIP TC1 Dinner at Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget
FORMED Dinner (by invitation)
FORMED Dinner at Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget
Social Programme of Sunday, March 30
Joint Workshops Pre-Conference Dinner (ticket needed)
The pre-conference dinner is held in the Borkatakomba Restaurant of Budafok
(Wine Catacombs), between 19:30 and around 23:30.
The restaurant is established in one of the former wine cellars of
a large cellar complex and serves as a material remain of the ancient
profession of the region, its famous, 250 years old viticulture.
- Buses will leave from the conference hotel at 19:00 .
- The pre-conference dinner is not a "suit and tie" event, however, we recommend taking a sweater with you.
Social Programme of Monday, March 31
Welcome Reception (free admittance)
The Welcome Reception of the conference is organized on 31st March as a sightseeing tour on River Danube. Our guided tour will pass by many famous tourist attractions along the river side.
- The boat trip on "Europa" starts from the conference hotel at 19:00..
Social Programme of Wednesday, April 2
Main Conference Banquet (ticket needed)
The main conference banquet will be organized in the beautiful "aula" of
the National Council of Justice. As part of the banquet, we will offer
a selection of best Hungarian and international food and music.
- The banquet starts at 19:30.
at the Palace of The National Council of Justice of Hungary,
1055 Budapest, Szalay u. 16.
- Due to its central location, bus transfer will only be provided after the banquet back to your hotel, while we invite you for a short walk along Margareth Island and then to the Parliament to access the banquet site.
Social Programme of Saturday, April 5
Joint Workshops Post-Conference Dinner (ticket needed)
The Post-Conference Dinner is to be organized in Hotel Gellért, which is located in a wonderful building constructed in the early 19th century.
- The post-conference dinner starts at 19:30, buses will leave from the conference hotel at 18:45, and take you to the Citadel first where you can take some farewell photos of Budapest.
Detailed Programme Information:
ETAPS 2008 |
HTML 4.01 |
Last Update: 2008-03-15
- Main Conferences: